Subject: Re: Parenting Bones to Objects and IK
From: Adam Ives Chrystie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 14:42:24 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Ace Miles wrote:

> 
> Don't think you'll have much luck doing it this way. Try it the way the guys
> at Will Vinton Studios did the M&Ms. They wrote a pretty nice article in the
> VTU of all places (shouldn't it have been in LW Pro? It was extremely
> advanced compared to a lot of articles in LWPro recently).
> 
> -Ace

  Yea, the Wil Vinton article was advanced for Video TOaster User..and the 
article 
was kinda cryptic but I still found it VERY useful..Perhaps they will 
rewrite it for LwPro with more explanations as to thier theories of bone 
structure/usage//not necesarially a tutorial but a "LW THEORY" article 
would be cool tooooooooo--eeooooo

    I suspect that we see these articles (Wil Vinton, Space Above Byond) 
in VTU because they might have been loosing the subscriptions of straight 
LW users...economics rules!!!!! :) Although I do not subscrbe to VTU 
anymore (Hey, i sold my toaster when Intel LW came out)..I do buy the 
occasional VTU in the store when a good article appears.

  Also notice how adds are not in LwPro? Is this because Avid wants to 
keep VTU the source of "What's New?" well..it is a good 
stratedgy!...planned or not.

----------------------------------
Adam Chrystie LightWave 3D Animator
Cinema/Video Major, Senior
University Of California at Santa Cruz